It is easy for us to check out new restaurants and talk to new businesses here in the area but sometimes we get to find out what is going on at the places that have been here 'forever'.
Last week I sat out on Villa Pauli's terrace with a cup of tea and quizzed General Manager Felix Jondal for things that not everyone knows about Villa Pauli.
* You can wander in at any time during the day and get a drink. The Pauli bar is open all day, there are seats in the lounge and on the terrace, which has a rather nice view out over the sea (and samsöviken, the marina area to the left).
* Children are very welcome. At any time (except the bi-monthly Velvet nightclub evenings which are distinctly designed for the well-over-25s!). There is someone on hand to entertain little ones on Friday early evening 'family nights' and also on Sunday for brunch. Dining at Villa Pauli may be fabulous but no longer pretentious or stuffy.
* The hotel rooms have been redecorated and are fabulous. The transformation from pre-2011 is spectacular and they are sleek and modern yet retain the big-squishy-bed-in-an-old-house look. Pieces of antique furniture stand out as they deserve to against the very modern, minimalist decor.
Villa Pauli is a members' club but non-members can use the dining and hotel facilities. My question to Felix was "why should anyone be a member?" There are benefits like getting invited to fun things like fashion shows and auctions but the main answer is really in two parts:
* The first - sports. VP members have access to the courts at Djursholm Tennis Club, free tee-off times each day at Djursholm Golf club, plus a gym and tennis court on site.
* The second is that members get a 10% discount on food and drink, 20% on hotel rooms and free access to some of the private conference and party facilities, of which there are quite a few.
For my family, it will soon be time to start spending family time inside (though not when it is so beautifully sunny again!) and that means we'll be testing out the strength of the banisters, counting the stairs, putting the entertainment through its paces, eating, eating and eating and anything else a 4-year-old can do in an afternoon out at Villa Pauli!
For activities on, check out Villa Pauli's website or watch out for them on Life in Danderyd's Facebook page.