Join allotment owner and food-waste blogger Mårten Thorslund at our first neighbourhood harvest festival!
On 24th September 2016 between 10am and 2pm, celebrate the end of growing season at Lillkalmars Odlingsförening (growing association) by
- taking along up to five types of apples for the apple experts to tell you what kinds they are;
- take along your nicest apples to be turned into apple 'must' (drink) for a small price;
- take up to two bags of rotten and fallen fruit that will be turned into biogas;
- having a chat with the council about how they look after the parks, trees and animals in our neighbourhood;
- buy fruit, vegetables, flowers, coffee and cakes;
- get apple tree advice from the experts and
- follow a guide around the allotments.
For more info, check out www.danderyd.se/skordefest, find info about allotments at www.lillkalmar.n.nu and to read (in Swedish) about the food we waste, see Mårten's blog at www.matsvinnet.se
I'm an English gal with a Swedish husband and children living permanently in Danderyd. These are my thoughts on what is going on around here.
Sign up here for the latest posts via email: